This code example demonstrates how to use TFT Display available with CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT to print text messages. It also demonstrates how to use CapSense slider to control the intensity of a LED.
This example uses the TFT display driver available with CE222494 - PSoC 6 WICED WiFi Demo and the µGUI framework available in WICED Studio to control the TFT Display.
Follow these steps to build and run the application:
1. Download and extract the attached source files (PSoC_6_MCU.zip).
2. Copy the extracted 'PSoC_6_MCU' folder to WICED Studio installation directory under following path:
3. Open the WICED Studio. In the Make Target window, create a new make target (right-click on 43xxx_Wi-Fi folder and select 'New') and give it the following Target Name:
demo.PSoC_6_MCU-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run
4. Connect the PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit to your computer with the provided USB cable.
[Make sure that the switches and jumper on the kit are in their default position by referring to the kit guide].
5. Double-click the newly created make target to build the application, program the kit, and run the example. Note that this may take a few minutes.
After the kit is programmed, TFT Display shows the status of CapSense buttons and slider.
1. Touch the CapSense buttons (BTN0 and BTN1) and observe the status on the display.
2. Slide your finger on the CapSense slider to change the intensity of the on-board LED. Also observe that the current finger position is shown on the display.
3. Open any terminal application (such as Tera Term) and connect to KitProg2 USB-UART COM port, set the Baud Rate to 115200. Observe that status of the CapSense buttons and slider is printed on the terminal application.